Creating a Quiz on your WordPress Site
A Great, Simple-to-Use WordPress Plugin for an Online Course
If you want to create a short quiz, survey, or even a full online course on your WordPress website, Calendarscripts’ WatuPRO is a great solution. There are some great online course plugins and themes available (though, a lot fewer than expected), many of them are complicated and have a steep learning curve for non-developers and those unfamiliar with WordPress. Because many clients want to edit their own sites, simplicity of use on both the backend and frontend are a MUST!
I have a client that did not wish to invest a lot of time or money for a large Learning Management System (LMS) like BuddyPress Courseware. This is also a great plugin, it just did not suit the client’s needs.
Some of the features as listed on the WatuPRO website include the ability to:
- Create as many exams/quizzes/surveys as you would like.
- Create single answer, multiple choice and open-ended questions.
- Randomize questions.
- Leave an exam then return to it where you left off.
- Group questions by category.
- Set timers to complete an exam (not necessary).
- Print certificates of completion at the end of a successful exam.
- Have students log in.
- Do much, much more!
If you add the “Intelligence Module”, you can charge users for taking the exam, quiz, survey as well as other features. The cost for both plugins (WatuPRO + Intelligence Module) is well worth the price at $87.
Ideas to use this plugin to monetize your site:
- Create an exam for professions that require certification (check with your industry’s state board to see what requirements are needed for your particular profession).
- Create a paid practice exam for professions requiring certification.
- Create an eBook that is a study guide for professions requiring certification that also has a practice exam.
- Teach others how to use this plugin for a fee!
If you do get this plugin, please let the developer know how you used it!G+