Online Marketing Tips to Increase Your Bottom Line
This series of blog posts will give you great tips & tricks as well as resources from some of the leading experts in the field of marketing your business online (also known as Internet marketing). To follow along for many future articles, just click on the “Marketing Your Business Online” category here or in the navigation bar above.
What does this actually mean? Marketing online refers to any means by which you market your products and/or services on the Internet. This previously referred to your company website only, but not anymore. Marketing online now encompasses many of the following tactics:
- Backlinking strategies: This is one of the most important strategies you can use to increase your ability to be easily found in the top page results on the most popular search engines. However, care must be followed not to obtain a high quantity of links if the links are considered to be low quality by Google.
- Paid advertising: Yes, there is a place for paying for ads on Google, Facebook, and many other platforms to help get your message quickly to your targeted market.
- Using social media to increase: brand awareness, company transparency, website traffic, customer purchases, audience engagement, reputation management and more.
- Having an optimized, mobile responsive website: Now that over 50% of people are surfing the web from their mobile devices, having a mobile responsive website is a “must”. Mobile responsive means the site is built to change configuration to be user friendly on any mobile device.
- Creating a separate mobile website: In addition to making sure your company website is mobile responsive, it may be more beneficial for a company to have a separate mobile site that has specific features for mobile users and allows the business owner to have more control over how the site will look on a mobile device.
- Utilizing email campaigns: Even though we are getting tired of all the emails we receive on a regular basis, email marketing is still considered to be one of the best ways to increase sales for companies marketing their businesses online.
- Writing a blog: Adding a blog to your site with routine, incredibly valuable content that your audience will want to read on a regular basis is an incredibly useful tool to increase brand awareness and loyalty that ultimately leads to more sales.
- Producing a video blog (“Vlog”): Create simple to follow, short videos that provide solutions to problems for your target audience. These can also be a simple slideshow presentation with your voice narrating over the slideshow. By posting these on YouTube, you will use the #2 search engine on the Internet that just happens to be owned by the #1 search engine, Google! Speaking of Google, with their new hangouts, you can do an instant video and publish it immediately to YouTube that can be embedded int0 your website.
- Creating free video courses: This is a little different than a video blog. It’s more of a specific “how to” if you have a product or service where you can teach someone how to do something or how to use a product of yours to improve their lives in some way.
- Podcasting: This has become one of the fastest-growing and most effective ways to drive traffic to your website and into purchasing products and/or services from your company. By recording and uploading a content-rich audio or video program on a regular basis, you can see a dramatic increase in business.
- Writing an eBook: Writing a free eBook that provides “outrageously valuable” content (more on that later!) is another way that Internet marketers have driven traffic to their websites and gained success at becoming known as experts in their respective fields.
- Article writing: This is still a way to get noticed as an expert in your field. By writing articles and posting them to the proper sites, you will acquire traffic back to your website.
- Posting comments on other blogs, social media sites, etc.: Although this tactic is not as effective in increasing traffic to your site directly by increasing your page rank with search engines, it will build you reputation as being an expert in your field.
There is a common thread occurring through many of these strategies of marketing your business online. The thread is this: create extremely valuable content on a regular basis that will solve your audience’s problem(s), alleviate their pains, and/or support their passions in a transparent manner.
Some of the most successful online marketing experts continue to discuss the importance of this proven philosophy: you must build trusting relationships with your target audience. “People buy from people they trust” – this phrase is often used by these same experts because it is true. Think about your buying habits and from whom you have purchased products or services. It is most often from someone you trust.