Online Marketing Tips to Increase Your Bottom Line
These blog posts give you great tips, tricks and resources from leading experts in the online business marketing field (also known as Internet marketing). To read more articles on this topic, click on the “Marketing Your Business Online” category here.
What does this actually mean? Marketing online refers to any means by which you market your products and/or services on the Internet. This previously referred to your company website only, but not anymore. Marketing online now encompasses many of the following tactics:
- Backlinking strategies: This is one of the most important strategies you can use to increase your ability to be easily found in the top page results on the most popular search engines. However, care must be followed not to obtain a high quantity of links if the links are considered to be low quality by Google.
- Paid advertising: Yes, there is a place for paying for ads on Google, Facebook, and many other platforms to help get your message quickly to your targeted market.
- Using social media to increase: brand awareness, company transparency, website traffic, customer purchases, audience engagement, reputation management and more.
- Having an optimized, mobile responsive website: A mobile responsive website is a must now that most of the world’s population are surfing the web from a mobile device. Mobile responsive means that a website is designed to change its configuration so that it’s user friendly on a mobile device.
- Utilizing email campaigns: Even though we are getting tired of all the emails we receive on a regular basis, email marketing is still considered to be one of the best ways to increase sales for companies marketing their businesses online.
- Writing a blog: Adding a blog to your site that consistently offers valuable content is a useful tool to increase brand awareness and credibility that leads to more sales. Blogs also increase your odds of being found through Google searches.
- Producing a video blog (“Vlog”): Create simple to follow, short videos that provide solutions to problems for your target audience. These can even be a simple slideshow presentation with your voice narrating over it. By posting these on YouTube, the #2 search engine on the Internet (which is owned by the #1 search engine, Google), it increases your site’s search engine optimization.
- Creating free video courses: This is a little different than a video blog. It’s more of a specific “how to” if you have a product or service and you’d like to demonstrate how it improves people’s lives.
- Podcasting: This has become one of the fastest-growing and most effective ways to drive traffic to your website. By recording and uploading a content-rich audio or video program on a regular basis, you can see a dramatic increase in business.
- Writing an eBook: Writing an eBook that provides valuable content is another way that Internet marketers drive traffic to their websites and become known as experts in their respective fields.
- Posting comments on other blogs, social media sites, etc.: Although this tactic is not as effective in driving traffic to your site as the above methods, it will build your reputation as being an expert in your field.
There’s a common thread occurring through many of these strategies of marketing your business online. The thread is this: create extremely valuable content on a regular basis that will solve your audience’s problem(s), alleviate their pains, and/or support their passions in a transparent manner.
Some of the most successful online marketing experts continue to discuss the importance of this proven philosophy: you must build trusting relationships with your target audience. “People buy from people they trust” – this phrase is often used by these same experts because it is true. Think about your buying habits and from whom you have purchased products or services. It is most often from someone you trust.