Here are some great resources to help you get started on Social Media today!
Why you need to be on social media
- Stop Using Social Media to Drive Sales – this is a great article that describes why you shouldn’t expect to use social media to drive sales directly. Social media should be used to build relationships that will then help drive sales to your business. People do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- Social Media Examiner – this is one of the best resources for all things social media. The information is current and relevant.
- Why You Need to be On Social Media – this is an article that sums it up well.
How to set up your social media and market on these sites
- Social Media Examiner’s Start Up Guide – this article is full of extremely valuable links to get you started on your social media journey.
- MOZ’s Social Media Guide – MOZ is one of the Internet’s go-to resources to learn about SEO (search engine optimization) and now they have produced this fantastic beginner’s guide to social media.
- Hubspot’s Library – as the company that brought you the phrase “Inbound Marketing”, they know all about content marketing and how to use social media to help market your brand. This is an excellent resource you will return to time and time again.
How to best post on social media
By far, the best resource for learning how to use social media is Gary Vaynerchuk’s book “Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook”.
Here’s another page that reveals more resources for social media marketing.
Check back often as this list will continue to grow.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for some of these links, but I only recommend services I’ve used and like.